Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You don't need to worry over me dear.


Lincoln, Nebr.
March 9, 1962

Dear Marie - Enclosed you will find an Easter card.

Didn't you thnk it would be a good idea what I wrote about the material for an apron? I mean to cut the material  and use an old apron for a pattern. My machine is out of order so I can't sew now on it. What sewing I do I sew by hand.

I hope you are all well and don't take more colds.

Do you have your children's pets out-of-doors?

I enjoyed reading that green page about at the close of the old year. Thank you for it.

I sent the 1 page to Hilda which was intended for her.

When I was down town I looked for a photograph book but didn't find 1 that I liked. I was thinking that when I find 1 I will let you know. Then you can send me those kodak pictures and I can place them in the book and give it to her. I wrote to her recently and also talked over the telephone to her. She was at home, said she was very weak.

Marie, I was down town last Wednesday and I stopped to see Mr. Elmen. He said "you wrote a very nice letter to him." Thank you dear. He had been out to the hospital and talk to the Doctors, he said.

I was thinking of something you said over the telephone. "That something worries you." You don't need to worry over me dear. Just think how I have had to adjust to my problems.

And how I wish I could see Martin and that he would write at times. Do you suppose Martin was in New York at Christmas time or that his mail was kept for him until his return? I hope Martin received your letter.

Marie this is what Mr. Elmen said - "To tell the hospital that you will be responsible for me - your mother."

Please write the words to Mr. Elmen and then he will tell the Doctors at the State Hospital. When you write please ask Mr. Elmen to call me over the telephone when he has talked to the Doctor that I can be discharged so I can leave Lincoln.

Thanking you very much dear. I will try to call you next Thursday about the time I called you last time.

Last Wednesday when I was down town I bought a gift and card for Merrilyn.

Please don't delay dear about Mr. Elmen. Mrs. Schultz wants to buy another dress which I do not need. I wish to leave here as soon as possible.

I called my cousin Anna by telephone and I told her you were to visit me last summer. She said you had a nice family.

I wish you would send her an Easter card and perhaps a kodak picture of your-self.

As ever,
I am
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment