Saturday, November 20, 2010

I receive 28 dollars each month social security income


Lincoln, Nebr.
May 16, 1959

Dearest Marie -

I was very glad to receive your letter and the check for $5.00 for Mother's day. Thank you very much dear.

I sent you an air-mail letter before I received your letter. I hope you received it O.K. so to speak with the kodak pictures enclosed and the money order for $15.00. Also clippings and Martin's address on brown paper.

First I just must tell you that Lottie had already sent me a mother's day care the same kind of card that you sent. Also received a mother's day greeting care from Elin and Betty.

Perhaps the card that you sent to Martin will be returned. I have sent him letters and greeting cards which have only come back.

I receive 28 dollars each month social security income. I think the best way and that is the way I wrote - Find a room for me and if necessary pay some money down with the money I sent you. That is real thoughtful of you to think about a trailer for me to live in. But wait until I come out there and then we can talk more about plans Marie like that.

And Marie I marked in the want ads the kind of work I would be interested in. But Marie I used to fine my employment through the employment place. That is a better way please Marie then adds. And Marie about an ad which asks for someone to care for an older person, that should be a middle-aged, practical nurse. It is wonderful that you re taking an interest in me and how I appreciate it, is beyond words.

It would be a good idea to inquire about the kind of work which I marked in the Omaha want adds at the employment place. But first find a room as reasonable as possible for me.

I wish to leave here next month as I wrote in the other letter. Please again wait until I come before you plan something for me.

I will call you over the telephone May 24th and please be at home. If I call in the afternoon I wish you would answer the telephone. Now I will ask you when I call -

1. Have you found a room for me?

2. Is it O.K. for me to come next month? If I come in the morning I hope you can meet me at the depot. Other-wise I can call you up when I arrive at Phoenix.

I can't express in words how I appreciate your help Marie. Thank you you very much for what you enclosed in your letter again.

Now please also write to your father that I may come to Phoenix and I will call him up and then he can tell me what you wrote.

I hope it will be all right to have my mail forward to your address. But I don't get much mail.

With best wishes and love.

I remain
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment