Thursday, November 18, 2010

According to good etiquette write a few lines to your Mother every week


Oakland, Nebr.
May 27, 1941

Marie -

As I haven't heard from you or Betty since you were to visit me I am writing a few lines.  I received this stationary from Lottie for Mother's day. Have you been so busy that you couldn't find time to send me even a card?

Now you should I think according to good etiquette write a few lines to your Mother every week. But I suppose that the younger generation will do different. But for some one who is educated as you are supposed to be now you should to be now you should stop and pause to think about your Mother. But if the Mothers don't get a reward in this world perhaps they will in the here-after. For we all must die!

Joe and family were down last Sunday. Also Garfield and his house-keeper.

The flowers are beginning to bloom here. One lily out side my window is now in full bloom and it is the color I like which is light yellow. Garfield and his house-keeper are coming up again next Friday May 20th to place flowers of those nearest to him who have passed on. I would surely like to see you all. I mean Betty, Martin, your-self and your father to do the driving of the car. No out-siders. Are you planing on coming?

If you are please bring some food for me ans as much as you wish to bring.

Please ring pictures we had taken or send them. I have been waiting for them now for more than 2 weeks.

If you go any place, please let Martin wear some-thing that he don't have to be so careful about if he gets the clothes dirty. You reminded him so after about now to get his overalls dirty. You used to say let him live. And please don't forget to take some drinking cups. I would be delighted to see you and if you possibly can spare me a little money. Or have your father given you some money for me.

Take things easy. Take coats along and some-thing on your heads please.

I must now close and good-by for this time.

As ever,
I am,
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment