Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trip to Nebraska

June 29, 1959

Dear Marie,

I'll just write a note - I want to get out several in time for the postman.

I talked to Betty on the phone twice, and she's pretty well sold on making the trip to Nebraska this Summer. Tentative plans are for the last two weeks in July.

I'm writing to Elin, too. Doubt if it would do any good, but I'll write anyway. Had a nice letter from Sock this week - he's in Virginia taking more training before his first assignment.

Betty's present idea is to take Robin and Royce with her, and I'm taking Jacque. They will get along well. [We're thinking of sharing a motel for the week we're there.]

Surely hope you can work something out so you can make the trip too. It would be fun to get together. Too, I know it would mean a lot to Mom and Pop. They are getting older - why not go now when they can appreciate our visit.

Hope to hear from you soon. Let's hear any suggestions you might have as to time or arrangements.

Love,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment