Saturday, September 25, 2010

Remind Martin to Keep His Mouth Closed

Thursday Afternoon
April 23, 1942

Marie -

On my way home last night I stopped at the drug store and bought some stamps.

There was so little time to talk over things last night. Do you think I could come over Saturday? Perhaps you could take a taxi to work and then let me know. I mean just come to the door and tell me while the taxi waits for you.

In the mean time remind Martin to keep his mouth closed and also after washing hands to shake that tooth. Please. Also another thing I noticed those shoes he was wearing looking tight. Don't you think they are most too short? Don't you think he should have a new pair? I mean for everyday wear.

I wish Betty would take the bus home. She looked tired. Perhaps a touch of spring fever.

Well may-be Martin will get over this spring and not catch measles. Perhaps next spring.

Also I don't think your father should take the children to shows during the week. Talk to him about it and insist that it be on Friday or Saturday night.

If I don't hear from you before Saturday I take it for granted that I may come up Saturday as I have several things to talk about.

Good-by,
Your Mother

P.S. Excuse pensil

Did you find out yet who the young lady was who caled Easter Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment