Monday, September 13, 2010

Mystery Monday - "Dear Friends" Letter

Omaha, Nebraska
Oct. 26, 1969.

Dear friends,

I was hoping that you would be at home when I stoped at your farm home. And I was disappointed not to see you.

It was indeed sad to hear about Edith's death. Her family will surely miss her.

Also I did not know that Mamie had passed away until I heard about it when I was out to your place. I had not hear from Mamie for quite some time. I think that it was when she first went to the hospital that I heard from her. When Mamie was back to Nebraska for a visit I wished that she would have come to visit me at Lincoln. I even called her up over the telephone at the time. Mamie seemed to be in good health then.

When I would send any greeting cards I did not receive any answer from California. Here are a few lines from a greeting card.

Hoping that friendship will serve as some comfort in these hours of heartache.

Hoping that you receive my letter. I would appreciate an answer.

With best wishes.
I remain
Mrs. Ruth Norby-Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment