Monday, September 20, 2010

I have saved the state and county a lot of money

Omaha, Nebr.
May 8, 1946

Marie -

I received your letter to-day and I thought I would answer right away. I wish to thank you for the money as I surely need money and so far your father has gave me $2.00 for this month. You know don't you that he was supposed to pay me $4.00 a week.

The last 2 Fridays I have gone to the Creighton because the County Assistance told me that if I wasn't strong enough to work I should see a Doctor. Then last Friday I went back because the first time April 26th I had the X-Ray taken. I wish to receive a certificate about my health and I talked to Miss Larson about it yesterday and I hope to receive such a paper in a few days. I certainly deserve one for it is now over 7 years ago since I was taken sick. I have saved the state and county a lot of money by taking care of my-self as much as I have. You know every-person has his worth and right to demand it.

Don't forget that it is Martin's birthday next Saturday. I intend to send him something but I don't have it ready. Have you heard from Lottie recently? You know she got a writing desk for Christmas but little writing she sits down and writes to me by the desk.

Really after reading your letter I couldn't help but cry. No I know you didn't write that you knew where you were going to move but didn't write that I wish you could be somewhere in Nebraska? And now you write you intend to move so far away. It is just this that I think you do little real thinking. Even if you were considering going out West would that have stopped you from writing to me about your planning before your decision.

It seems to me that you go about to settle a great problem of life by being emotionalism. But don't forget all laws are based on the protection of the innocent as the saying goes. Because look back on the years when you attend the University and think how many of your plans did you discuss with me?

Well I will enclose this clipping below for your attention please.

DEALS are the most practical things in the world for they determine conduct and conduct makes world history. - Charles M. Sheldon

Quote - By Malcolm W. Bingay -

No great thing is created suddenly and more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom then bear fruit, then ripen. Un-Quote.

I am very glad that you are going to visit my cousins. They were very devoted to their mother. I wrote to Anna before Easter and ask her if she received my letter. Now I will write a few words about Mother. Quote by Thomas M. Macauley the history once said "Children look into those eyes, listen to that dear voice, notice the feeling of even a single touch. Make much of it while yet you have that most previous of all good gifts a loving mother with you. In after life you may have friends - dear friends - but never will you have again the inexpressible love and gentleness lavished upon you which none but a mother can bestow." Un-Quote.

I hope you will like the clippings I am enclosing.

Did I mention that if you have any old clothes you don't want I wish that you would send them to me for Mrs. A. in Oakland. Good-by Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment