Saturday, September 11, 2010

From now on it will be foot ball and elections to read about


Blair Nebr.
Sept 17 - 1956

Ruth -

I haven't gotten around to write to you before but I want to thank you for birthday gift.

I received a card from Joe's but none from any of your girls.

I went to Norfolk on the 7th - my birthday - Margaret was feeling pretty good. Stopped at Joe's and Aunt Addie on the way home. Didn't get a cup of coffee either place.

Blanche had company and we told her that we were stopping at Aunt Addie's place so really can't blame her. And as you probably know Aunt Addie hasn't been feeling so well of late although when we werethere she was dressed and walked around. She had had her supper. We stopped at Lyons at Charlie Swanson's. They gave us coffee. I suppose you remember the blind lady's son, a brother of Gilbert Swanson.

I am going to read meters for the city tomorrow.

I suppose that we will have fall weather soon.

I didn't go to the Fair. From now on it will be foot ball and elections to read about.

No news to write about I suppose that you still get the Oakland paper.

Thanks again
- Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment