Saturday, August 14, 2010

Please write to Martin and remind him to write to his mother

Lincoln, Nebraska
April 19, 1949
Sunday

Marie dear -

I received your most welcome letter and the book of 3 cent stamps. Also later received the box of candy and thank you also for the card enclosed with the candy. The flowers pictured on the card are lovely and I like the words. Also wish to thank you for the money you sent the Storage Co., for me. When you hear from them please let me know what they say. Thank you.

Marie I had a short letter written for your father and enclosed was the short letter that Martin had written. I was very pleased to receive it. I can hardly believe Martin is in those far away places can you Marie? I don't know how much post-age it take to send a letter that far. Will you find out and let me know when you write next time? And now that you have Martin's address please write to Martin and remind him to write to his mother.

I received the Easter card from you, handkerchief, receipt for money and short letter. I thank you very much Marie for all. Also thank you for sending card to my cousin in Chicago.

Marie in your letter you did not write what I most wished to know about if you are coming out here. I hope you can take a vacation with your family like last summer. I would like for you to come when the weather warms up and please arrange to come. I would be so glad to see you all for I am so lonesome and hope that you will come. Are you intending to go to any convention before long? I hope you are.

I suppose you buy big enough shoes for your little girls. Well in the Ladies Home Journal for October 1948 there is a good article about - Fit Your Child's Foot by H.L. Whitman. If you can send the article to Lottie.

Well Frank will surely get used to driving a car like Garfield.

If you attend some convention then you can come this way and please write very soon. Now this is what I wish for you to answer so please don't fail. And thank you again for what you have sent me so recently.

As ever,
I am,
Your, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment