Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our families are like birds

Omaha, Nebr.
May 28, 56

Dear Mrs. Jensen:

I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting so long for a letter of thanks to you for that lovely handky and the box of stationary that came later. It was very nice of you to send them and I did appreciate it very much. I do hope the dresses fit and looked well on you, if not maybe you would know of someone that could use them. I have been so busy with the spring cleaning and am still working at it. It takes me a long time to do this big house alone. I am sorry not to have any suit cases, the ones Auntie Lou had were much the worse for wear and were not much good for anything. How nice that you had the chance to talk direct to Marie. I'm sure that she would like to come but we both know what it means financially and otherwise when you have a family of little ones to consider. You know our families are like birds, once they leave the home nest their responsibilities begin, and problems are always with them just as they were with us when we were young. We love them all very dearly, and would like to have them near, but they know best what they can do. I know how anxious you are and hope that everything will be in your favor. I'm sorry that I cannot promise to come to Lincoln. We are expecting company from Ohio soon and I must bring this house-cleaning to an ending and get rested a bit before they come. Summer is well on the way and I want to get through before it gets too hot. Do hope that this finds you well. Thanks again for the nice gifts, will let you know if I hear anything from the children. Bye for now.

Very Sincerely,
Mrs. Durand

No comments:

Post a Comment