Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have been waiting to hear from you


Lincoln, Nebr.
June 18, 1956

Dear Marie -

I answered your letter that I recieved from you. I have been waiting to hear from you. I wish you could take time to write and let me know that you have received my letter.

To-day I sent you a package and I had a return card made out. If you have moved I hope the package will be forward to you. You didn't write what your new address will be. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Now the coat I sent is the one Mrs. Durand gave me. I had it cleaned. You could make it over for one of your girls. Or make a jacket for your-self. I think it would be a good idea to turn it on the wrong side.

The dress is one Lottie sent me for Mother's day. It was not my size. I wrote to Lottie about sending the dress to you. Hope you can make it over and don't have it buttoned down the front please. I don't like a dress made with buttons down the front at all.

I used some of that cello-phane and had some left over. It is use-full in fixing articles like framing pictures. The coat, dress part of box and cellophane are what I sent you. The paper was just to take up room Marie. I haven't talked to any social worker yet. In your letter which you wrote to me and was post-marked May 5th, you wrote - "Keep me posted on things. Let me know if you get a visit from the social worker. I'll write some more if this doesn't bring results." Un-quote.

Not I think I would like to first talk to the social worker who looks after those who come from Douglas County. She is also out at the hospital where Mrs. Leopold is. Because Mrs. L. just don't seem to care to do something for me. Now I would like your consent to talk to the social worker from Douglas County. And please co-operate. And I was thinking to some time I will call you up next Monday afternoon June 25th and hope you will be at home.

Now this is what I plan to ask you

1. Are you coming to Lincoln this summer?
2. Let me have permission to talk to the social worker for Douglas County.
3. Then ask your consent to let me talk to my guardian. To ask him to come to Lincoln and see me. I intend to pay him for any services.
4. Then if you can't come to Lincoln this summer than have my guardian see about Martin coming here for me.
5. Now this is what I wish to have you co-operate and help me with. The lady said that is, the one I work for, that she is going to see about my money. I can't explain all in detail. I work on the average of 10 hours a day. And she wants 1st class work done. So please write the answers to 1 to 4 and when I call please answer as it is quite expensive to telephone. Your father has not been here and please ask him to come to Lincoln to visit me and write as soon as possible.

Please excuse this pen and my writing.

And again may I remind you to write and give me your new address. Let them know at the telephone office your address.

I must close now.

Best wishes.

As ever
Your Mother.

P.S. Have answers prepared in this letter 1 to 4, please. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment