Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gift Ideas

Lincoln, Nebr.
Dec. 10, 1964
1149 South 17th Street

Dear Marie -

Enclosed you will find a greeting card to express my thanks to you for paying for the telephone calls. Also some clippings I thought you may like.

Marie I forgot to mention what I thought would be nice to send you father for Christmas. It is some food - Danish kind. Like a few of different kinds. If you go to a Danish bakery you may find what you think your father would care for. But don't send any clothes as he don't need any I don't think. And you know they have company on Christmas and something extra to eat would be like an appetizer.

I hope you remember to send  my brother Garfield something. A 1/2 lb. of hard candy I am sure would be welcome.

Marie I am sure disappointed that you are not coming as I had hoped you would.

I started to think what I could do next. And then it dawned on me - why not call the social worker at the State Hospital? And this I did with good results. Lottie may have let you now that were talked to this social worker at 2 different times last summer. 

Well please be at home next Sunday and I will explain about the conversation. To me it was good news.

Please excuse my writing. Hope you receive this by Saturday.

With love and best wishes.

In haste) I am, As ever, Mother.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment