Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Do you mind meeeting so many strange people?"

Oakland, Nebr.
June 10, 1945

Marie -

I received your letter and I was glad to hear from you. I also received the sweater. It fits me and I like it very much. Thank you many times for it. I think it is quite similiar to Betty's sweater that is I mean her black one. Don't you think Betty's sweather was beautiful as you remember it?

Wel how are you feeling now after moving? Did you move very far from Chicago? Do you mind meeeting so many strange people?

I haven't written to my cousins yet.

Did you see your friend Katherine before you left Chicago? What is she doing this summer? It is now about a year ago since she and Betty came to Chicago isn't it? Are you going to send Betty any reminder the last part of this month?

I am still here and now the lillies are in bloom. I am waiting to have the furniture sold. This house was sold on May 22nd to a real estate man.

The white cat is still here

I still go over to see Mrs. Anderson. But to-day she wasn't at home so I came back to write this letter to you.

Marie if you can spare any money will you please send me what you can? Thank you.

If you wish to send you father any present for father's day I could suggest a book for kodak pictures. Did you send Martin any-thing for his birthday? I sent him a gift box and I wish he would try and write a few lines to me.

I am going to write a few lines to Bancroft also. I am sending a birthday card to my brother Joe. It is his birthday June 14th and he will be 51 years old.

Do you ever hear from Charlie Clark?

You may send the page to Betty as it is about Camp Brewster.

I must now say good-by.

Please write soon.

I am,
As ever,
Your Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment