Monday, April 26, 2010

"I hope there won't be snow in the mail box."

Lincoln, Nebr.
Feb 1965

Dear Marie -

Enclosed you will find greeting card and money order. Perhaps you and Frank can arrange to go out and have a steak dinner the 12th of February.

We had oyster soup in the evening when I was in Omaha with oyster crackers at your father's house.

I was intending to cal you over the telephone last Sunday. It snowed here so I didn't call as you know I telephone from the drug store or at an out-door telephone.

I surely hope that you can some day move to Portland in the not too distant future. But plan as early as possible - why don't you?

I am intending to write to Frank and send him a little book. Hope Frank arrived back to his home safely.

Also I would like to know Becky's correct address. As near as I can read it - it is 4801 North 14th Pl Phoenix, Arizona 85014. Does the Pl stand for Place? I thought that I would send Becky's gift.

And I was thinking I would send you some things which can be put in your mail box.

Don't forget to answer when I call if Pl stands for Place. I like to write the address correct you see.

This pen isn't very good so excuse writing.

With love and best wishes.

In haste) I will send birthday present later.) Mother.


Monday Morning)
We did not get any mail for 2 days. Schools were closed. Please excuse in being late with sending the enclosed birthday greeting card. Also a clipping about the snow.

I read one place it was the most snow that fell at one period in history.

Please ask Frank to write for the family if you don't wish to take time.

I hope there won't be snow in the mail box.

Let me know when you receive this letter. Write soon.

With love and best wishes.
As ever, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment