Saturday, March 27, 2010

"I moved to a different ward"

Lincoln, Nebr.
June 4, 1950

Dearest Marie -

I received your letter and what was enclosed. Later for Mother's day I received the Mother's day greeting from you and family by telegram and thank you very much. I received a greeting card or some remembrance from all my children.

I answered Lottie's letter and I hoped she received my letter. I explained when I wrote to her about the house which Bob has been building and perhaps Lottie has written to you about what I wrote so I will not repeat it in this letter.

Since I wrote to you the last time there has been some changes. A few weeks ago I had an X-Ray taken and then later I moved to a different ward which is in the new building. The furniture also is brand new and it is very clean. I am on the ground floor so it is near the out-doors.

Marie you well know I was disappointed that you could not come to Nebraska last summer. And when you write I look for a meaning that you are intending to come this summer. The weather has been sort of unsettled but now the weather seems mild here. Marie I hope you plan to come. In the letter that you wrote last June you wrote "(that you were very sorry that you will not get to see me. That you had hoped that you could come with Frank when he came. Also that perhaps things will work out so you all can come to Nebraska this summer)". Now please come and answer my letter on this subject which is important to me. I don't think you mean intentionally to over look this question. Or are you trying to spare my feelings? There is a saying that "She also serves who sits and waits."

I did not receive any gift from you as a Mother's day present and did you send any?

I sincerely hope to see you and please make your placs and talk it over with Frank. I am enclosing a clipping so you can study it and decide about it. Now how I would like for you to send a telegram to me when you can come for I suppose school is out.

 

Now will you let me know in 2 weeks from to-day? I must close and thank you for the gift box you sent from Easter.

With love.
From, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment