Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sewing Machines, Electric Irons, and Bed Lamps


Omaha, Nebr.
Feb. 17, 1945.

Marie -

I have been here a few days in the city. I intend to return to Oakland to-night. There were some things here that I needed to look after.

Marie I let your father take the sewing machine over to his apartment yesterday. After a certain time your father is to send it on to you. I made it clear that that is the way to do. Being it is all ready here. Your father was saying he knew of a man who bought a sewing maching for 60 dollars which was 20 years old. I did some more work on the sewing machine and 1 thing was to make a little curtain for the back of the machine and another was to open the drawer which was closed too tight.

I read in the paper about an electric iron which was sold at a farm sale in Iowa for $48.00.

When you write please answer any questions I may ask. Thank you.

Now your father needs a bed lamp to read by. I remember I gave you one and Betty had 1 out to the hospital. Could you please send him the one you have but get it in good order first. If you can't do this write and ask Betty if she could spare the bed-lamp if she still has it. I hope you will follow these instructions.

Please write soon and address the letter to Oakland.

Don't forget to let me know about the plaid jacket for Martin.

Good-by,
I am,
Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment