Sunday, February 28, 2010

"The sewing machine didn’t seem to work"

Omaha, Nebr.
Nov. 16, 1945.

Marie –

I received your letter dated Nov. 5th and I was glad to hear from you. Thank you very much Marie for the $2.00 enclosed. I received a bill for personal taxes which was $3.35. I would like to pay this bill very much. Marie, do you think that you could send me 1 dollar and 35 cents in the next letter? Thanking you in advace.

Yes it will be all right to leave the sewing machine in Omaha until you want it sent where you intend to live. Did you borrow or rent a machine in Chicago that you have been using?

What color is the outfit that you have been making for Ruthie which you mentioned in your letter?

Marie you wrote that you expect to be in Nebraska after graduation. Will you leave Chicago immediately after? Marie, I have been thinking that in that case you could use most of the best furniture that is here and the curtains that is here. And the curtains which I believe Betty picked out and you both sewed on. So why not plan this way as I have written above? Please answer it in your next letter. I surely hope that you can move some-where a little ways from Omaha. Then you could come and help me with getting things ready like we worked on the sewing machine. Isn’t this a good idea? I hope you agree with me Marie.

Will you please write and ask Lottie and Elin to write to me. Ask Lottie when you write to send you any baby clothes her baby may have outgrown. Do you know how Martin is getting along? Please answer.

Jorgensen’s have a for sale sign on this house facing the school. Please let me know how you like the clippings I am sending.

From Mother.

P.S. The sewing machine didn’t seem to work. The land lady fixed it so your father said. Bought a new needle for it as there was the wrong kind in the machine.

If you should find Marilyn’s letter will you please sent it to me.

I think it would be nice of you if you would write Betty and Morgan to visit Chicago when graduation time comes. Just thought I would remind you so that you could let them know in plenty of time. Write real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment