Monday, January 25, 2010

"I am so glad you father is doing nicely. Aren't you?"




Lincoln, Nebr.
April 5, 1961

Dear Marie -

It is Wednesday to-day and no word from you.

I called up your father's house but no one answered the telephone. I am wondering how your father is.

I hope you will come this summer or as soon as you possibly can after school is out.

I am enclosing a sample of the material which I made your apron like. Please will you try to see if you can find a flounce pattern as near like the one I made on the apron. Could you show the apron to your dress-maker so that she would understand better. Or if you can find a flounce pattern in the pattern book for me I will be so thankful.

I am enclosing some clippings and let me know how you like them.

The Governor attends the church where I have marked.

Please answer questions which I asked in my other letter.

I called Dora this evening and asked how your father was. Dora answered that he was operated on this morning and getting along just fine. Also that Betty sent a beautiful arrangement of flowers. I am so glad you father is doing nicely. Aren't you?

As ever, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment