Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Box Full of Gifts


Lincoln, Nebr.
Feb. 22, 1955.

Dear Marie -

It is your turn to write. I think I wrote that I was intending to send you something for your birthday. Excuse me for being a little late in sending you a package. I mailed the package yesterday. I was in a hurry so I intend to send you a few more articles which I forgot.

I am going to send some embordery cotton which you could use in making the apron. The material I sent is for an apron and the blue material for trimming. Hope you like the pattern and tranfer design. And now a few words about the other things I sent. I didn't put any names on the gifts because I thought you could chose the one you would like for each member of your family. The apron materials naturely is for you and the change purse. I crocheted the black rings which are on the chain. Now the idea is to sew the ring in your pocket-book and that way you are sure that your change purse don't get lost. I have one like the change purse I sent you.

The green dress I sent was one I was going to fix over for my-self. A lady gave it to me. The lady I work didn't like it. Hope you can make it fit you if you wish to wear it. Let me know what you decide. The other dress which is dark and figured I thought you could use the black tape which is on the bottom and on the edge of the sleaves. Perhaps you could use the skirt to wrap clothes in when damped as we used to do in Omaha. Or else you could use it to cover things when cleaning.

Both of the little trinkets were made in Japan.

I wish to thank you for the belated birthday card and valentines, letter and $1.00.

Please let me know what you did with the shows which I sent you.

Hope to hear from you soon and answer my letter.

I will write again about the gifts I am sending.

Best wishes.
As ever,
I am,
Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment